Monday, November 11, 2013

Baked Pasta-Easy Dinner

Once again a very easy dinner recipe. We used to have this dish quite often in pre lil A days, but somehow I completely forgot about it. Later I made pasta quite some times but never baked it. Few weeks back I was craving a good pasta dish, and my husband suddenly reminded me about it. I was like, why I did not make it again till now? And given that lil A loves pasta!

That is when I geared up to make the marinara sauce a day before so it will not be a lot of work.

Try this, it can be a hearty dinner if you are a carboholic like me.

Ingredients

Pasta (any kind, I used bow tie one) - 1 cup uncooked. Cook it al dente in pot of water with pinch of salt in it.
Green Pepper - 1 medium, diced
Chicken breasts (diced) - 1 cup
Onions - 1 medium, thinly sliced
Marinara sauce (or any other sauce you like) - 1/2 cup
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste


Cook the pasta in a pot till al dente.

Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till translucent.



Add in the chicken pieces and green pepper and cook it for 5-6 minutes or till chicken becomes almost cooked.

Add half a cup of marinara sauce and mix well. Cook for a minute or two.


Add the pasta to it and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Arrange it on a baking dish.


Grate generous amount of any cheese of your choice to cover the pasta up. I only had cheese slices at that time, but was craving the dish so bad that I decided to go ahead with it.


Not a very pretty picture though!
Pre heat oven at 200C. Bake at 200C for 20-25 minutes or till the cheese melts and covers the top.


I like it slightly overbaked.


Enjoy your pasta.


If you have the sauce ready and the pasta cooked, it really takes very little effort to make it. And it makes the carboholic in me happy.

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment