Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A day at Museum

Yesterday lilA's daycare was closed due to President's Day. I too took a day off and stayed with her. We woke up a little late than usual. Instantly I felt good as I saw the bright sunlight flooding our apartment. It was very sunny compared to this time of the year. I decided to bake something. I am not at all good at baking but was planning to make this garlic-cheese pull apart rolls (recipe here http://www.cookingandme.com/2010/11/garlic-pull-apart-rolls-recipe-step-by.html ) as soon as I saw it. It looked so appealing to me.  So I decided to bake it today to make both mother and daughter happy. 

Here are the different steps. I started with 1.5 cup of all-purpose flour and used butter, garlic, thyme and coriander as a filling along with mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.


I baked it for 35 minutes at 375F. It looked like this. Towards the end I sprinkled the cheese mixture on top.


It was so sunny yesterday that while baking I decided that instead of sitting in the house, lets go to a museum. I actually wanted to have fun outdoor but could not because it was very cold and chilly. So off we went to Natural History Museum some 3 miles away from where I live. 



Lil A said "tirap" when she saw giraffe, and most of the other animals were "dog" to her, even the zebra. Skeleton of dino was also a "dog" to her. But she knows tiger, lion and elephant and identified them.
LilA really enjoyed a lot. She was very happy and giggly. She was happy doing the puzzles and reading the books.


She played in the discovery center and even made friends. 



We spend the entire afternoon having fun and came home to wonderful smell of baked garlic-cheese pull apart rolls (Yes, I did bake it before we left). The rolls tasted so good.

And most important, my lil one was so happy that she ate the rolls without any fuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment